With the holiday season comes school vacations and spare time for the teens in your life. How many of you have heard "I'm bored" from your teen during a school break?
Here is a short list of ideas to help keep them busy and having fun throughout the holidays!
Please feel free to share additional ideas in the comments!
1) Go ice skating.
2) Write a letter to a friend or family member who lives far away.
3) Make a Christmas Carol music video.
4) Create place cards or other decorations for your family’s holiday celebration.
5) Bake cookies with friends.
6) Help a younger sibling write a letter to Santa.
7) Go sledding (or snowboarding or skiing!)
8) Have a holiday movie marathon.
9) Learn how to make a traditional family dish.
10) Wrap your bedroom door in paper or foil so it looks like a present.
11) Drink hot chocolate while reading a good book.
12) Turn off all lights except the Christmas tree lights. Relax in the quiet room or listen to music.
13) Volunteer time at a local charity.
14) Learn how other cultures and religions celebrate important holidays.
15) Bundle up and go for a walk to admire holiday lights in your neighborhood.
Here are some links to websites that inspired this list and for more ideas!
Parenting Teens: 50 Fun Holiday Activities Your Teen Will Love
Parenting Teens: 101 Fun Things for Teens to Do This Winter
Parent Map: 15 Meaningful Holiday Traditions and Fun Family Activities
Here are some fun ideas for parents, too!
Real Simple: 50 Fun Winter Activities
Image from Flickr. Some rights reserved by katushya